My Promise as a Writer

I promise to entertain you to the best my twisted little mind can manage. I will take you from the light, and into darkness. I might even let you see the sunrise at the end of the journey, but that I can't promise. My stories will sweep the hair from you brow, leave your stomach in knots, and suck the air from your lungs. But no matter how far we descend, I will offer you a fragment of hope to cling to. I will treat you to dark fantasy, science fiction, horror, and anything that falls into the strange and disturbing. Will we re-emerge into the light? Well, that is the point of taking the journey. I hope you will join me on these adventures.

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

PROJECTS IN THE PIPELINE

I have my hands in a number of projects at the moment, and the time has come to fill you in on what is happening in this small corner between the freezer and an old China cabinet.

1.
I'm working hard on Tourney of Diplomacy: Book One of the Purity War. When publishing Shadows Beyond the Flames, I had foolishly and naively stated I hoped to release Tourney at some point between July and December 2012. I will be missing the July deadline, and have no doubts a miracle will be in order to achieve the December deadline. A significant portion of the issues is the result of losing more than half of the electronic files for Tourney. There are four electronic copies of the files (I am a back up nut), and the same sections in all of these copies is missing. I suspect this is a result from when I was forced to switch operating systems. Fortunately, I insist on a paper back up as well, bringing the total to one master copy, and four back ups. Rest assured the paper copy is not corrupted--though it was nearly damaged when the utility room flooded. Being forced to rely on the printouts has resulted in retyping entire chapters, and thereby delaying progress. I offer my extreme apologies in this matter. I do not wish to offer a revised date since I am unable to determine when that will be. That was the bad news.

The good is news is R. A. Falcone, who created the cover for the short story The Manual (found in Shadows Beyond the Flames), has agreed to provide the cover art for Tourney. The first concept sketch has been submitted, and I am pleased with the results. I will keep you posted through blogspot, Twitter, and Facebook as to the progress on Tourney.

2.
July 29th 2012 marks the one year anniversary since the publication of Shadows Beyond the Flames. I am currently going through all the wonderful feedback, and making corrections. Thank you to all those who participated in helping me hunt down and kill all the nasty typo vermin. The second edition will be ready to launch within a few weeks surrounding the anniversary date.

3.
Sam of Green Cove, the Twitter fantasy series has not died, though followers may believe otherwise. Sam died a second time, and for this I am truly sorry. I have not abandoned Sam's story. In fact, the work continues. Again, I was being naive, thinking if I wrote two or more installments a day I would be able to keep ahead of the daily tweets, a handy notion when considering sick days and vacation days--not that I am permitted much of either. That did not work out so well. Currently, I am plugging away at Sam's story. I had jumped in thinking I had a nice little tail to tell, and since then have learned it was much more complex than originally imagined. Seems to happen to me rather frequently. When Sam last appeared on Twitter, we were at episode 57. I now have 240 episodes penned, expect another 200 to 250 until completion, and then it is time to revise. Originally I had hoped for a nice and tidy 365 episodes for obvious reasons. A full year to tell the story feels right. I might even push it to eighteen months when Sam is ready for his re-re-relaunch. I will examine a 365 day run for Sam once the final episode has been revised. I am also exploring various platforms for Sam of Green Cove to avoid losing the story among all my other tweets. I will inform you of the ultimate decision as soon as possible. I have learned my lesson with Sam (twice) and will not post new episodes until the entire story in completed. I think that is the only fair solution for those who are a bit angry at my inability to keep up with Sam. For those who have read the first 57 episodes, do not worry! You will not have to read them again. The first 57 will be retweeted the day prior to Sam's re-return. You have waited long enough to travel alongside Sam, and I refuse to make you wait an additional 57 days.

4. I am also working on a super secret squirrel project. I am not permitted at the moment to discuss the details, but will provide updates once I am able to do so.

5. I am madly working on a zombie related short story set in downtown Seattle. Pike Place Zombies will be released on various ebook platforms with a price tag of FREE! The short story is my, "Thank you!" to all the readers of this blog and Shadows Beyond the Flames. Again, I will provide an update as the release date draws closer.

6.
With all theses projects I am still blogging. All I hope to accomplish with these blogs is to entertain. I hope I am succeeding in this endeavor.

As you can see, my hands are typing all over the place, the red pen is scratching and scribbling, and there is quite a bit of muttering as a tricky sentence is reshaped. I am currently on a five week cycle as follows:

Week 1: Tourney of Diplomacy
Week 2: Sam of Green Cove
Week 3: Super Secret Squirrel Project
Week 4: Pike Place Zombies
Week 5: Write and revise as many blogs as I can.

All the work is accomplished when my six month old daughter is asleep, so progress will be slow. (I'm sure those with children understand, and I beg for the understanding of those with child-free homes.) Some of the projects are close to wrapping up, like Pike Place Zombies, and The Super Secret Squirrel Project. This will free up more time for
Tourney and Sam of Green Cove. Again, I apologize for the delays. I'm looking forward to presenting some exciting stories to you in the near future, and learning from your feedback. Check back regularly for updates!

Thank you!

Author Links:
Shadows Beyond the Flames on the Kindle
Shadows Beyond the Flames on the Nook
J. M. Tresaugue Books
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment