My Promise as a Writer

I promise to entertain you to the best my twisted little mind can manage. I will take you from the light, and into darkness. I might even let you see the sunrise at the end of the journey, but that I can't promise. My stories will sweep the hair from you brow, leave your stomach in knots, and suck the air from your lungs. But no matter how far we descend, I will offer you a fragment of hope to cling to. I will treat you to dark fantasy, science fiction, horror, and anything that falls into the strange and disturbing. Will we re-emerge into the light? Well, that is the point of taking the journey. I hope you will join me on these adventures.

Thursday, August 25, 2011

TO REPORT ERRORS IN "SHADOWS BEYOND THE FLAMES"


Few things annoy me more than finding myself reading a book that has been to press ten times, has seen three anniversary editions (one with pretty, glossy pictures) only to find a typo or typesetting error from the first edition still clinging to life. I understand the publisher is making an economically sound decision. Few errors share the magnitude of Larry Niven’s first edition of “Rim World” in which he had the Earth spinning in the wrong direction. Most typos are of a nature as to not affect the over all sales of a book--particularly if it’s survived long enough for the super-duper glossy picture edition. Ereaders and print on demand has made this economical stance obsolete. Therefore, I’ll be handling “Shadows Beyond the Flames” much like publishers of school text books treat their publications. All reported errors will be fixed! Please read the guidelines below if you have found an error in “Shadows” and wish to report the problem. There are two options for doing this.

Option A: Leaving a comment on this blog:

1. Don’t worry if the error/typo has already been reported. It’s my job to keep track of the reports.
2. List the format of your copy--either ereader or paper copy.
3. Provide the page number and name of short story.
4. Write the sentence as it appears in text, followed by how the sentence should read.
5. All contributors’ names will appear in the next edition in the acknowledgments. Please write your name as you would like it to appear. (No vulgar nicknames.)

Option B: Contact Bear Lord Publishing

1. Open an email to bearlordpublishing@gmail.com
2. Follow steps 1-5 in Option A.
Option B is intended to provide privacy for those who do not feel comfortable leaving a comment. Those who contribute to hunting down and killing the typos will be notified when the second edition of “Shadows Beyond the Flames” is ready for distribution.

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment