My Promise as a Writer

I promise to entertain you to the best my twisted little mind can manage. I will take you from the light, and into darkness. I might even let you see the sunrise at the end of the journey, but that I can't promise. My stories will sweep the hair from you brow, leave your stomach in knots, and suck the air from your lungs. But no matter how far we descend, I will offer you a fragment of hope to cling to. I will treat you to dark fantasy, science fiction, horror, and anything that falls into the strange and disturbing. Will we re-emerge into the light? Well, that is the point of taking the journey. I hope you will join me on these adventures.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Sam of Green Cove

I'm having fun writing a fantasy series, Sam of Green Cove, designed to fit the constraints of Twitter. The challenge of writing 140 character posts is manifesting itself in wonderful ways. For each post, I found myself sitting before the keyboard with enough material for 2,000 words or more. Trying to condense these thoughts into something significantly smaller dots my forehead with sweat. As of now, my only complaint arises when I am forced to abandon the perfect word(s) in favour of a weaker counterpart due to character constraints. At such times, I remind myself that this exercise will enhance my future writing endeavours. In the meantime, the series can be followed on Twitter. For those who do not have a Twitter account, I will be combining the daily posts into a blog that will appear here every Sunday (Not later than 1200 Pacific time). Hope you enjoy Sam of Green Cove!

No comments:

Post a Comment